Summer is a period of high incidence of sleep apnea syndrome. So it is better not to stop wearing a CPAP because of the recent high temperature, sweating and wearing silicone masks.
Due that higher temperatures and humidity, the machine is easy to breed mold, it is noted that more attention should be paid to CPAP cleaning maintenance, for masks, pipes and other accessories are recommended to clean every day.
In addition, after washing your face, you can smear talcum powder appropriately to reduce sweating and ease the discomfort of wearing a mask in summer.
When you clean the micro CPAP machine, you need to know below points.
- Unplug the power supply before cleaning the Transcend minicpap.
- Do not immerse the Transcend minicpap or power adapter in liquid.
- Do not use rough or abrasive detergents to clean equipment or its components.
- Do not put cleaning materials, such as cleaning cloth or cleaning liquid, into the air inlet or outlet of the equipment.
Maintenance of CPAP machine body
- Should be placed in a dry and ventilated place to avoid direct sunlight.
- It is strictly forbidden to flush with water or let water into the inside of the machine.
- Clean regularly with non-dripping wet cotton cloth and neutral soap.
- Beating and privately dismantling machines are prohibited.
Maintenance of mask
- The mask should be placed in a dry and ventilated place when not in use.
- After use, you can clean with a mild detergent.
- Clean the head with dirt in time and use a neutral cleaner.
- The mask is made of silicone, which can not get close to the high temperature and avoid sharp scratches.
- Mask for consumables, use for a period of time found that oxidation hardening, inappropriate use should be replaced in time.
Maintenance of respiratory lines and pipe adapters
- Pipes should be hung in a dry and ventilated place when not in use.
- After using it for a period of time, it can be cleaned with a neutral cleaner.
- The pipeline is made of plastic, which can not be close to the high temperature and avoid sharp scratches.
- The pipeline is consumable and should be replaced in time if it is used for a period of time or if there is air leakage.
The use of filter cotton.
- Filter cotton belongs to disposable consumables and can not be cleaned repeatedly.
- It is recommended to remove the filter cotton every week and gently dust off the filter cotton.
- According to the quality of the air, replace it according to the degree of dust on the filter cotton.
- Because the air flow of the micro CPAP is much larger than that of normal breathing, filter cotton is very important.
- Dust is not only seriously harmful to health, but also does great harm to the "heart" of micro CPAP-motor.
Maintenance of heating humidifier.
- For heating humidifiers, pure water or cool boiled water is required to prevent scale.
- It is recommended to change the pure water every day and pour out the water when it is not in use.
- Check whether there is water in it before using the heating humidifier, and pay attention to the water level that should not be lower than the lowest or exceed the highest water level.
- The humidifier water tank should be checked and cleaned frequently to prevent mildew and can be cleaned with detergent or detergent.
- In the case of water in the heating humidifier, do not move the machine to prevent water from flowing back into the main engine, resulting in unnecessary losses.